Pioneering the future of pharmaceuticals through cutting-edge raw material testing.
what we provide
At Chroma Research Labs, we specialize in ensuring the quality and integrity of the raw materials we work with. HPTLC (High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography) is frequently employed for the analysis of raw materials in various industries. Raw materials are the fundamental components used in the production of finished products, and their quality and composition are critical to ensuring the overall quality of the end products. HPTLC is an effective analytical technique for assessing the purity, identity, and consistency of raw materials. By applying HPTLC to the analysis of raw materials, manufacturers can make informed decisions about the suitability of materials for their intended purposes.
How we use HPTLC
- Purity Assessment: Raw materials used in industries like pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and food need to
meet specific purity standards. HPTLC can be utilized to determine the presence of impurities or
contaminants in raw materials, helping manufacturers ensure that their products are not compromised
by undesirable substances.
- Identification of Components: Some raw materials are mixtures of compounds, and their precise
composition needs to be verified. HPTLC can separate the components of a raw material and aid in their
identification by comparing their migration patterns with known standards.
- Quantification: For certain applications, knowing the concentration of specific compounds in a raw
material is crucial. HPTLC can be used for quantitative analysis by comparing the intensity of spots or
bands on the chromatogram with standard samples.
- Consistency Control: Manufacturers need to ensure that the raw materials they receive from suppliers
are consistent over time. HPTLC can be used as a quality control tool to assess the consistency of raw
material batches by comparing their chromatographic profiles.
- Herbal Extracts and Natural Products: Raw materials in the form of herbal extracts and natural
ingredients are commonly used in various industries. HPTLC is valuable for analyzing the composition of
these materials, verifying the presence of specific compounds, and confirming their identity.
- Determination of Adulteration: Raw materials can sometimes be adulterated with cheaper or lower-
quality substitutes. HPTLC can help in detecting such adulteration by comparing the chromatographic
profiles of suspected adulterants with genuine raw materials.
- Regulatory Compliance: Industries such as pharmaceuticals and food are subject to strict regulatory
standards. HPTLC can provide the analytical data needed to demonstrate compliance with these
- Research and Development: HPTLC is used in the development of new products by providing insight into
the chemical composition of raw materials and how it might affect the final product.